Electronic / Mechanical Equipment Technician (AAS, BSEET grads)
||SAN ANTONIO, TX US
|| Full Time
|| Entry Level (0-1 yrs exp)
|| Associate Degree
||Engineering -> Vacuum Chambers, RF, Equipment, Mechanical Integrity, Maintenance, Leak detection, Instrument, Controls
|| Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
Maxim Integrated Products is a
highly profitable maker of innovative ICs that are used in consumer,
computing, communications, and industrial products. We are a 2+
billion-dollar company known for innovative products and excellent
financial performance...for over 25 years!
We have several openings at our
Wafer Fab plant in San Antonio, Texas which involve the
preventative and corrective maintenance of the tool sets found
in a semiconductor manufacturing clean room environment.
These positions will require working an overnight shift and will
include working either Saturday or Sunday overnight as a regular
shift requirement. Successful candidates must be willing and
able to work any shift as needed.
- Monitor equipment in the area
and be familiar with issues
- Perform routine PMs and
maintenance as required
- Create/Modify procedures and PM
specifications as needed to improve tool availability or enhance
training of other technicians
- Order consumable and
non-consumable parts for tools as assigned
- Trouble shoot minor and complex
tool issues to resolution
- Use SPC to trouble shoot issues
or determine the health of tools in the area
- Excellent time and project
- Excellent attention to detail
and follow up skills
- Maintain a clean working area
during repairs and PMs
- Use of diagnostic tools and
- Observe all safety
- Work with high voltage
- Have a minimum of an AS degree or equivalent military
training in electronics
- Electronics, electrical, and mechanical equipment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in MS office products and various OS platforms
- Understand the concept of consumable and non-consumable parts
costs associated with the job and look for ways to reduce costs
without affected tool or product performance
- Have a basic knowledge of SPC and how it is used in the
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic failures to component
- Experience as a Navy or Air Force Electronic Technician or
having completed the Navy Nuclear Propulsion program is a plus.
- Must be able to work a compressed work week shift: N1
shift works Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday from
5:45 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. or, N2 shift works Thursday, Friday, Saturday
and every other Wednesday from 5:45 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Must
be willing and able to remain on the shift assigned long term.
Maxim offers an excellent benefits package including medical,
dental, vision, life insurance plans, time off accrual for
vacation/holidays, and a 401k retirement plan with company
Maxim is an EEO/Affirmative
Action Employer and values diversity.
If you do not see a position in your area of expertise, please provide us with your resume and contact information for future consideration. Please understand you are not applying for a specific job opening at this time; however, you may be considered for a future opening. We will keep your record on file for 1 year at which time you may revisit our website and update your resume profile. We encourage you to check our web site for future openings and respond to any postings for which you may be qualified.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume"