Sr. Data Warehouse Architect
||SAN JOSE, CA US
|| Full Time
|| Experienced 7-10 yrs exp (Non-Manager)
|| Bachelor's Degree
|| Information Technology
|This is a ground-floor opportunity to build Maxim’s enterprise
analytic solutions for revenue, HR, financials, inventory, projects,
and operational performance. In this position, you will be acting as
the subject matter expert for data warehousing strategy to ensure
goals are met and designs meet and exceed requirements. Reports to
the Director of Business Intelligence, and collaborates with multiple
teams within the IT organization, including the Data Services,
Project Management, ERP Basis, and Infrastructure teams. Directly
supports advanced analytic projects sponsored by IT functional
- Database modeling, including collaborative design and
interpretation of Maxim business models.
- Establish reporting hierarchies to support analytic solutions
and enterprise master data management initiatives.
- Develop database objects, including tables, stored
procedures, views, triggers, keys, and declarative integrity
- Performance optimization, index design and management
- Design the lifecycle management for Maxim’s BI
- Project testing and impact analysis
- Manage key data warehouse functions including data extraction
and transformation logic
- Design and develop database level security
- Establish an administrative support model for Maxim’s
business intelligence solution, including the development life cycle
- Job design and server management
- Design and build OLAP reporting solutions
- Integrate data warehouse content with Maxim’s reporting
- Plan and manage DBMS upgrades and future application
- At least seven years of progressive development experience in
an enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Demonstrated experience building models for revenue, HR,
financials, inventory, projects, and operational data sets.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher,
including SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL, and MDX.
- Experience with SAP systems, including BIW and Business
Objects is a plus.
- Experience with advanced analytic and ETL tools, including
Teradata, BO Data Services and Informatica is a plus.
- Must be a proactive thinker with solid business judgment;
communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; must
have the ability to drive change in a growth environment and the
leadership skills to influence change.
- Experience and enthusiasm for working in AGILE development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or finance is
required. Master's degree is desired.
Maxim is an EEO/AA
If you do not see a position in your area of expertise, please provide us with your resume and contact information for future consideration. Please understand you are not applying for a specific job opening at this time; however, you may be considered for a future opening. We will keep your record on file for 1 year at which time you may revisit our website and update your resume profile. We encourage you to check our web site for future openings and respond to any postings for which you may be qualified.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume"