||SAN JOSE, CA US
|| Full Time
|| See posting requirements below
|| Bachelor's Degree
|| Administrative and Support Services, Legal, Semiconductor
- Provide Administrative Assistance
to the Executive Director and Associate General Counsel of Global
Employment and Immigration.
- Provide Administrative Assistance
to the Associate General Counsel of Commercial and Contracts
- Provide Calendaring, Travel, Phone, and Webex support
for both teams.
- Provide Administrative Assistance to the
Immigration and Employment team.
- Provide Administrative
Assistance to the Commercial Contracts team.
- Create reports,
order office supplies, and assist with submitting purchase
requisitions and payment of invoices for contractors and law
- Track subscriptions and memberships.
Maintain confidentiality of information and documents.
- Use the
Serengeti system to prepare and update case matters and quarterly
budgets, particularly with respect to litigation and claims for both
- Assist Legal Department with Process Improvements.
- Assist Legal Department with a variety of strategic projects such
as updating internal legal website periodically.
- Assist with
Telephone support/coverage for both groups and General Counsel Admin
Employment and Immigration
- Work closely with outside counsel, global human
resources managers and executive leadership team on employment law
advice and litigation matters and immigration issues.
Assist with creation and management of subpoena review and response
- Familiarity with nonimmigrant processes including:
B-1, H-1B, F-1, OPT and CPT, J-1s/H-3s, O-1, L-1 (including Blanket),
TN, E-3, Consular visa processing.
- Familiarity with green card
applications, PERM labor certification and adjustment of status
- Assist Paralegal with initiation of immigration
case petitions, document gathering and filing and posting
- Assist with drafting visa and immigration related
applications, petitions, letters and affidavits.
- Assist with
and coordinate responses to document production requests and other
global employment litigation matters.
- Assist with the
coordination of postings for the PERM and NIV processes.
Assist with the coordination of recruitment efforts for PERM process
and maintain evidence of recruitment efforts
- Process documents for signature via
DocuSign and assist contractors with systems and applications
Maintain Commercial Legal Share Drive – organize folders,
approval policies, and access requests
- Upload and file
contracts, insurance certificates, other documents and open, close
and update records in contract database as needed
cube, space, application access for commercial attorney staff and
- Complete documentation and forms to interview and
- Revise contracts, templates and policies as
instructed by attorneys
- Process expense requests for
reimbursement and maintain expense reports for cardholders in
- BS or BA degree required
6-8 plus years of experience as a legal administrative assistant; law
firm experience required, employment litigation and/or immigration,
commercial and contracts experience preferred. Prior in-house
experience also helpful.
- Knowledge of procedural requirements
for various types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas also
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with
contracts and commercial practice preferred.
- Exhibit high
degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously
in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment,
utilizing excellent judgment, administrative abilities, and
- Demonstrated ability to focus on
- Provides high level of client service
ensuring customer satisfaction
- Possesses excellent
organizational, analytical and writing skills.
initiative to identify priorities and seek guidance, if needed.
- Manages work with a large degree of independence
Demonstrates flexibility and initiative regarding assignments for
self and team.
- Contributes to positive work environment
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a positive attitude
to internal members/departments of the Company as well as
external clients and vendors. Excellent oral and written
- Candidate must be able to compile and analyze
data and furnish information in report, written, and verbal
- Prior experience using the Serengeti Tracker System
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite (Word,
Outlook, Excel, Power Point).
Maxim is an EEO/AA Employer
If you do not see a position in your area of expertise, please provide us with your resume and contact information for future consideration. Please understand you are not applying for a specific job opening at this time; however, you may be considered for a future opening. We will keep your record on file for 1 year at which time you may revisit our website and update your resume profile. We encourage you to check our web site for future openings and respond to any postings for which you may be qualified.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume"