Principal Business Systems Analyst
||SAN JOSE, CA US
|| Full Time
|| Experienced 7-10 yrs exp (Non-Manager)
|| Bachelor's Degree
|| Information Technology
|This is a ground-floor opportunity to build Maxim’s enterprise
analytic solutions for its manufacturing operations. In this
position, you will be acting as the subject matter expert for data
warehousing strategy to ensure goals are met and designs meet and
exceed requirements. Specifically, your projects will focus on
reporting and analytics for our global manufacturing execution
initiative, providing worldwide visibility to our large-scale factory
operations. Working closely with our global manufacturing, sales, and
quality teams, you will drive cross-functional agreements on critical
company system goals. Reports to the Director of Business
Intelligence, and collaborates with multiple teams within the IT
organization, including the Data Services, Project Management, ERP
Basis, and Infrastructure teams. Directly supports advanced analytic
projects sponsored by IT functional business partners.
- Technical management and business partner for Maxim’s
Global Execution System reporting applications. Working closely with
business partners in Manufacturing and Quality, conduct needs
analysis to develop functional system specifications; review and
approve technical specifications
- Define and envision the integration roadmap for Maxim’s
lot traceability applications.
- Lead requirements workshops and interview users to identify
business requirements, in order to develop an in-depth understanding
of our business needs, create solutions to meet those needs and work
closely with the team to implement those solutions
- Integrate data warehouse content with Maxim’s reporting
tools. Analyze reporting requirements to understand dependencies,
complexities and avoid risks
- Develop implementation project plans; plans include
detailed tasks and timelines
- Translate functional requirements into technical
- Develop test strategies, detailed test plans and guide the
- Support ad-hoc reporting needs for the worldwide
- Participate in system and user acceptance test planning and
- Develop and maintain business process and application
documentation. Project testing and impact analysis
- Function as a subject matter, process and operational expert
to conduct end-user training: may be virtual, one-on-one or
- Understand the GES data model, as well as the resulting data
warehouse and meta data layers, in order to become proficient in
developing standard and ad-hoc reporting for the end users
- Manage ongoing training of functional users, including
rollout of new functionality or enhancements as well as assisting in
the creation of user documentation
- Database modeling, including collaborative design and
interpretation of Maxim business models.
- Establish reporting hierarchies to support analytic solutions
and enterprise master data management initiatives
- Develop database objects, including tables, stored
procedures, views, triggers, keys, jobs, extractions, and declarative
- Performance optimization, index design and management
- Design and build OLAP reporting solutions
- At least seven years of progressive development experience in
an enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing operations in a
functional role. You’ll be defining workflows that analysts
will have to live with every day, so it’s important that you
see it from their point of view. Understanding of common business
requirements for lot traceability, including splits, returns, sales
and distribution is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Business Intelligence
Development Studio, including SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL, and MDX. Strong
functional understanding of relational databases. Advanced knowledge
of database modeling concepts and query languages (PL/SQL or
- Familiarity with Oracle database development tools including
- Experience with SAP manufacturing SAP systems is a plus.
- Experience with advanced analytic and ETL tools, including
Teradata, BO Data Services and Informatica is a plus.
- Must be a proactive thinker with solid business judgment;
communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; must
have the ability to drive change in a growth environment and the
leadership skills to influence change.
- Experience and enthusiasm for working in “agile”
or “D-school” development environments.
- Report writing experience, preferably using an adhoc query
tool (Excel, Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Experience documenting business requirements, writing use
cases and functional specifications
- Experience creating test strategy and test plan documents as
well as executing testing
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or finance is
required. Master's degree is desired.
- Master’s degree preferred, preferably in Finance,
Economics, Business, Industrial Engineering, or Management
- Minimum eight years progressive experience in a variety of
technical and functional roles
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with small and
- Experience demonstrating basic customer service, internal
control, testing and project management skills
Maxim is an EEO/AA
If you do not see a position in your area of expertise, please provide us with your resume and contact information for future consideration. Please understand you are not applying for a specific job opening at this time; however, you may be considered for a future opening. We will keep your record on file for 1 year at which time you may revisit our website and update your resume profile. We encourage you to check our web site for future openings and respond to any postings for which you may be qualified.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume"