Director/Executive Director, Corporate Business Development
||SAN JOSE, CA US
|| Full Time
|| Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
|| Bachelor's Degree
|| Business Management, Semiconductor
|The Director/Executive Director will collaborate with executives,
business unit management and market experts for all corporate
business development activity at Maxim Integrated. The
successful candidate will develop inorganic growth strategy
recommendations aimed to accelerate growth in revenue and
margins. They will be a thought leader, able to synthesize
complex market and competitive information across multiple business
units, anticipate market trends and customer needs, and transform
analysis into actionable recommendations for acquisition, investment,
divestiture, partnership or operational enhancement. The
Executive Director will engage with the corporate business
development team and partner with business and technology leaders to
develop and execute recommendations. #LI-TN1
- Corporate development: Identify and evaluate acquisition,
investment, joint venture, alliance and other relationship
candidates, which marry internal capabilities with external
partnerships and are aligned with the identified strategic
gaps. Structure and negotiate agreements. Apply effective
due diligence, synergy evaluation, and post-merger integration
analysis. Lead and work in collaboration with the business
units and the corporate level functional teams (e.g Finance, Legal,
- Strategy: Collaborate in development and implementation of
actionable strategies for Maxim Integrated businesses with the
Business Units, Technology Office, Finance, Sales and
- Industry and Competitive Landscape: Synthesize multiple
sources of information to develop a coherent understanding of market
opportunities, emerging customer needs, and the competitive
- Cross business opportunities: Collaborate with strategy and
product management teams across the corporation to define and assist
with implementation of cross-business initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or other related
field required. MBA preferred.
- Successful experience in corporate business development,
strategy, technology (ideally semiconductors), and/or financial
- Excellent networking and analytical skills are required in
order to obtain market information necessary to anticipate customer
needs and interpret the trends that are evolving in the current and
- Global experience is important, and an understanding of A/MS
semiconductors used in multiple end markets is critical.
- Proficiency with valuation and other financial models is
- Designs, performs and oversees key analytic tasks and
synthesizes analyses into clear and sound recommendations followed by
action and results.
- Experience in leading special projects related to product
development, portfolio enhancement, global expansion, and performance
measurement. Demonstrates ability to manage assignments over tight
time frames with little intervention.
- The position requires highly developed interpersonal skills
for negotiations with key stakeholders, such as listening and
influencing skills, and relationship management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to
adjust style to a range of audiences. Proficient with all major
presentation and collaboration software.
- Must have the ability to work comfortably across
organizational boundaries, and quickly gain the credibility and
respect of executives at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Mentorship and career/team building experience.
- Must be willing to travel 25%
Maxim is an EEO/AA employer
If you do not see a position in your area of expertise, please provide us with your resume and contact information for future consideration. Please understand you are not applying for a specific job opening at this time; however, you may be considered for a future opening. We will keep your record on file for 1 year at which time you may revisit our website and update your resume profile. We encourage you to check our web site for future openings and respond to any postings for which you may be qualified.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume"