Learning Management System Administrator/Manager
||SAN JOSE, CA US
|| Full Time
|| Experienced 5+ yrs exp (Non-Manager)
|| Bachelor's Degree
|| Human Resources/Recruiting
|Join our team!
Maxim Integrated is a global
semiconductor organization of 9,000 employees seeking an energetic
individual with some technical background who will be our Learning
Management System (LMS) “Super” Administrator and content
developer. If you are experienced in implementing and managing an
LMS, have technical expertise, excellent organizational and
administrative skills, experience with instructional design and
developing content for instructor-led courses and/or eLearning,
please contact us soon!
Description of the
This position will report to the Executive
Director of Learning and Organizational Development in Maxim’s
Human Resources department. The successful candidate will be required
to obtain a deep understanding of all components, features and
functions of the LMS, have overall project responsibility for
managing the day-to-day operations of the LMS, work with our LMS
vendor, Cornerstone, and our user groups to achieve their objectives
and bring them onto the LMS platform, and train other training
administrators in the user groups. The ideal candidate should be
trained in instructional methodology and have experience working with
Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in user groups to develop
eLearning and/or instructor led training programs that meet
their needs. #LI-ER1
1. Work with user groups to support their training
- Add and maintain all administrators, including administrator
- Assign and un-assign credentials and development paths
- Enter new students and assign subscriptions
- Maintain groups and subgroups to ensure proper reporting
- Assist with the creation of business processes for adding
credentials, development paths and assign training based on best
- Consult with organization on performance gaps, design
appropriate skill-based courses to close gap.
2. Work with Cornerstone (LMS vendor) learning consultants and
technical support to configure the system to support Maxim’s
3. Help plan, organize, manage and
execute input of content into the LMS, testing, and adapting content
- Assist with creating and loading custom content and building
- Upload and maintain materials to be hosted on the LMS
(courses, references, document, resources, assessments, and so forth)
- Coordinate and maintain e-Learning content by posting and
updating course materials and other information
- Manage onsite editorial content and email communication;
reports on training progress
4. Train department training administrators and users to perform
their responsibilities with the LMS.
5. Maintain standard
operating procedures and process flows, import and activate
- Create and maintain business process documentation and post
- Generate user usage reports
- Maintain trouble logs and manager learner data and profiles
- Provide reports for executive team
6. Work with other Instructional Designers and content developers,
Multimedia Specialists, and Programmers to design, potentially
deliver, and support proprietary e-Learning content requirements.
/>7. Supervise the vendor customer support relationship.
LMS ‘lab time’ meetings for training administrators to
get help, ask questions, etc.
9. Run demos of the system for
10. Create and manage internal marketing and
11. Work with our MIS group to define business
systems processes and integrate with other HRIS systems.
Work with instructors to schedule training sessions and manage
logistics for classroom courses.
13. Analyze training needs
using appropriate models such as ADDIE.
14. Work with SMEs to
develop online content using eLearning authoring tools such as
Articulate, Camtasia, Visio and/or Adobe Presenter.
|1. Bachelor’s Degree in learning and organizational
development, business, instructional design, or related area.
Project management skills to identify, track and estimate duration of
3. Excellent written and verbal communication
4. Technical problem-solver, able to work independently
or with small teams to solve processes and systems problems.
Ability to adapt to changes and consistently meet deadlines.
Motivate by helping others and providing excellent customer
7. Ability to communicate at all levels within the
8. Demonstrated ability to simultaneously handle a
large and diverse number of tasks and issues with tact, cooperation
9. Knowledge of LMS system preferable
Proficient in MS Office Suite products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
/>11. Experience with eLearning authoring tools
an EEO/AA employer
If you do not see a position in your area of expertise, please provide us with your resume and contact information for future consideration. Please understand you are not applying for a specific job opening at this time; however, you may be considered for a future opening. We will keep your record on file for 1 year at which time you may revisit our website and update your resume profile. We encourage you to check our web site for future openings and respond to any postings for which you may be qualified.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume"