Assembly Sub-Con Commodity Manager
||SAN JOSE, CA US
|| Full Time
|| Experienced 5+ yrs exp (Non-Manager)
|| Bachelor's Degree
|Maxim seeks a Strategic Financial
Analyst to focus on strategic product/data/price analysis to support
the development and execution of the strategy in the Assembly sub-con
commodity. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of business
experience, very strong data analytics, technical knowledge, and
strong interpersonal communication and relationship management
skills. The candidate should be able to:
- Partner and collaborate with
operations, assembly, test, and commodity managers to develop global
commodity strategies for Assembly sub-con operation and
procurement. Integrate Procurement into the core business
processes and enable/achieve Maxim’s long term business
objectives and goals.
- Collect data from quotations,
invoices, field benchmark to construct a database to extract vital
information for analysis. Interpret, analyze, and translate data to
develop scenarios and negotiation strategies as well as executable
plans in driving cost reduction and cost reduction
- Understand cost drivers of
commodities and develop systems, cost models, and business processes
to perform analytics across a broad product portfolio and supplier
base to identify real time and long term opportunities for cost
reductions and allocation efficiencies.
- Develop strategic procurement
plans based on forecasts from sales and/or production control.
Develop analysis worksheet engines to aid in high level decision
making to optimized outsourced spending and maximize cost reduction.
Provide recommendations to upper management on outsourced allocation
direction based on data driven analysis. Create management
presentations and communicate executable strategies on outsourced
- Being recognized expert for
global market information; long term supply, demand, capacity, price,
market segments, competition, short and long-term market trends, and
environmental and/or regulatory implications. Develop business
processes to enhance functional excellence and productivity for the
price/planning/forecast of Assembly Sub-Con commodity.
|Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong academic credentials. Bachelor degree in
Business Administration, Finance or Supply Chain; Engineering degree
preferred. MBA degree, MS in Operation Engineering, or Industrial
Engineering is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in a procurement, manufacturing
operation, or sales environment in Tier 1 semiconductor industry /or
Foundry Companies; experience at a top semiconductor fab production
and/or assembly & test sub-con companies is a plus.
- Possesses strong background in manufacturing, manufacturing
processes/technology & materials particularly in backend
Semiconductor (Assembly & Test) and strong understanding of
out-sourced Assembly & Test (OSAT) business model.
- Possesses strong analytical skills and a proven ability to
negotiate from a cost model perspective. Strong emphasis on
understanding of cost drivers, cost models, contractual and
commercial terms, financial analysis.
- Proven effectiveness in working in a global, multicultural
environments and matrixed organizations.
- Has collaborated cross-functionally. Possesses strong
management, written and verbal communication skills with an ability
to collaborate with key internal operations customers.
- Highly proficient in MS office software application (advance
Excel automation preferred)
- Past experience in handling high level cost reduction
strategies and executions
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- A team player that can partner and collaborate extremely well
with members of all the teams with which the role will
- Strong logical and analytical abilities with a high level of
initiative and common sense.
- A detailed and systematic approach to managing. Highly
attentive to details and quality deliverables.
- Recognized as highly intelligent, creative, and
- An extremely well organized multi-tasker with excellent
- Strategic and critical thinking skills.
- High personal and professional integrity.
- Exceptional negotiation, presentation, and listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed in order to
build the strong relationships that will be critical to the success
of this role.
- Will have the executive presence and knowledge to be credible
in complex discussions and negotiations.
- Highly self-motivated with can do attitude.
- Articulate and persuasive communicator (written and
Maxim is an EEO/AA
If you do not see a position in your area of expertise, please provide us with your resume and contact information for future consideration. Please understand you are not applying for a specific job opening at this time; however, you may be considered for a future opening. We will keep your record on file for 1 year at which time you may revisit our website and update your resume profile. We encourage you to check our web site for future openings and respond to any postings for which you may be qualified.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume"